Due to Coronavirus the contact study process is suspended. Following the announcement by the World Health Organization that the COVID-19 infection caused by SARS-CoV-2 has become a pandemic
Following the announcement by the World Health Organization that the COVID-19 infection caused by SARS-CoV-2 has become a pandemic, the Coronavirus Prevention Work Group of Šiauliai university has decided to suspend the contact study process until April 13 inclusive with a possibility to extend the deadline if needed.
Here are the latest instructions from the Coronovirus Prevention Work Group
✔️ Organization of the study process: academic staff (teachers, researchers), students
The study process at Šiauliai University is being conducted remotely. Recommended actions of the process:
- the study process should be implemented according to the timetable, but remotely: teachers work (deliver lectures, seminars, consult, organise assessments, etc.) with all students, including foreign ones, using various forms of remote work (Moodle, Teams, Skype, Zoom and / or other programmes); communicate with students by e-mail or other means of communication;
- teachers are responsible for the selection and quality of remote teaching / learning methods for their subject.
Regarding the further organization of the study process, if the quarantine is extended:
- from March 30 until April 4 - lectures, consultations and assessments, etc., are conducted;
- from April 6 until April 13 - Easter holidays (during which teachers continue to prepare for remote work);
- from April 14 until April 30 - lectures, consultations and assessments, etc., are conducted remotely.
Decisions on the organization of the studies in May will be taken at a later stage, taking into account the situation regarding COVID-19.
Prepared in accordance with the Decree of the Vice-Rector for Studies of Šiauliai University (No. 03 STP-3, March 23, 2020)
✔️ Students returning from abroad
Students returning from the ERASMUS + and other international exchange programmes should quarantine themselves safely at places without shared spaces; therefore, dormitories are unsuitable to quarantine yourselves. They should continue their studies remotely, as described in the previous paragraph. Foreign students will be quarantined in specially equipped facilities or will have to return to their home country.
✔️ Organization of administrative staff activities
The staff of Šiauliai University, if possible, should work remotely. Heads of units must ensure the organization and execution of major work. If remote work is not possible, all hygiene requirements must be met and contacts with other people must be avoided.
✔️ International work trips
All planned work trips to foreign countries will be cancelled. In particular, we urge you to refrain from traveling to countries with a virus outbreak. Work trips in Lithuania of the members of the community are also suspended.
In the case of critical importance, work trips will not be suspended with the approval of the head of the academic or non-academic unit. After such work trips, a 14-day quarantine period shall be compulsory.
All events on campus must be postponed, cancelled or conducted remotely during the specified period.
✔️ Organization of work of Šiauliai University Library
In response to the situation, the working hours of Šiauliai University Library are reduced and the provision of services is limited:
- from April 1, 2020 books and other publications cannot be taken home;
- during the quarantine period (17. 03 – 13. 04) no fines for delayed returns will be charged;
- if you terminate your employment contract or studies at the University, you must return books and other publications (on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 am to 1 pm to the security guard); use on-line resources, links can be found https://biblioteka.su.lt;
- consultations on searching for information in scientific databases are provided by e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com; consultations regarding ETD (Electronic theses and dissertations) are provided by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- we will consult you by email or phone during the quarantine period from 9 a.m. to 4p.m. on weekdays (https://biblioteka.su.lt/kontaktai);
- all other Library services are not available until April 13;
- no services and consultations are provided on weekends.
According to circumstances the possibility to extend the period of quarantine remains.
✔️ General recommendations and helpful hints
Please note that you are responsible for your own health and the safety of others.
• If you have recently returned from a foreign country that is at risk, or if you had contacts with returnees, you should monitor your health closely;
• Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap. Follow the etiquette of coughing, sneezing (coughing or sneezing under a disposable napkin or the inside of a bent elbow). Avoid close contact with people who experience sneezing, coughing, fever or other flu-like symptoms;
• Ventilate the premises;
• Avoid public transport.
We want to remind you that older people, especially those with chronic illnesses, are more vulnerable to the virus. We urge you to remain calm, but at the same time be vigilant, protect yourself and those around you.
More information on the situation:
- If you have any questions, please contact the Communications and Marketing Office by email. p. email@example.com, tel. +370 (41) 393 010. We will inform, consult or refer you to other departments of Šiauliai University responsible for the subject matter.
Current situation in Lithuania is presented by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania HERE>>.
COVID19 Implications on Erasmus+ students HERE>>.
Protect yourself and others!