How to go Through the Application Procedure?
1. A candidate fills in the Application form and sends it together with the copies of the documents listed below and the 95 EUR Application fee. First, the documents must be sent by e-mail email@example.com;
2. Department of International Programmes and Relations inspects your documents and sends you an official letter confirming your admission to the study programme of your choice. After receiving the Letter of Admission, the student must send the documents by regular mail to the Department of International Programmes and Relations;
3. A candidate, after receiving the Conditional Offer to Study, sends us the Tuition fee for the first year of studies;
4. After receiving the fee, Department of International Programmes and Relations, prepares documents necessary for Visa and Temporary Residence Permit application and sends them to the student;
5. After receiving the documents, the student applies for Lithuanian visa at the nearest Lithuanian Embassy;
6. The Lithuanian Embassy initiates the Visa and Temporary Residence Permit issue procedure.
1. Application form;
2. Application Fee of 95 EUR (non-refundable) transerred to the University account.
3. Curriculum Vitae (recommended Europass CV form);
4. Motivation Letter;
5. Copy of the passport pages containing basic information about the student;
6. 4 Passport size photos;
7. Copies of education certificates verifying that the student completed secondary school or equivalent (for Bachelor's degree studies) or Bachelor's diploma (for Master's degree studies); and the related translation to English. They have to be legalised at the Ministry of the Foreign Affairs where education was received (see Information about Double Legalisation);
8. Certificate of knowledge of English or Russian (B1 for Bachelor's studies, B2 for Master's studies);
9. ADDITIONAL. Copies of certificates proving work experience, participation in the conferences, seminars, other educational documents, and other relevant information related to gained competences.
The student has to prepare Bank statement / afidavit (at least 2280 EUR). This document is required when applying for a visa at the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania.
Please send all documents to:
Department of International Programmes and Relations
P.Visinskio st. 38, LT-76352 Siauliai
All applicants for 2008 and beyond will attract a 95 EUR non-refundable application fee transerred to the University account. The fee must accompany the application. The fee can be paid with a Bank draft (international cheque) to Siauliai University.
Information about Legalisation of Educational Documents
NOTE: You should pass a double legalisation of your educational documents: 1) Applicants who received their education in countries acceding to the Hague 1961 Convention (e.g. Israel, India, Italy, United Kingdom, USA, Australia, Venezuela, Colombia, etc) should have an attached Apostille to their educational documents. The Apostille is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or by the Ministry of Education (in most of the countries). List of the countries Acceding to the 1961 Hague Convention Concerning Abolition of Legalisation Requirements of Documents Issued in Foreign Countries.
2) Applicants who received their education in another country (Cameroon, Ghana, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Kazakhstan, Nigeria, Pakistan, etc.) should pass a double legalisation of their educational documents: a) First, the educational documents should be legalised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the diplomatic mission or consular post of the country where education was received. b)Second, the documents should be legalised by the Lithuanian diplomatic mission or consular post in the country where education was received or in the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania.
3) Then you have to apply for recognition at Centre for Quality Assessment in Higher Education (CQAHE) which is an independent public agency. The Centre implements the external quality assurance and gives the University the answer if we can accept you for studies. More info at Center for Quality Asessment in Higher Education.
International students can enter Lithuania when holding one of the following documents:
Schengen visa or residence permit/visa issued by another Schengen state (visa/TRP allows one to stay for the period indicated in the visa-TRP but not exceeding three months in any six-month period);
National multi-entry visa (visa permits student to stay in Lithuania for up to 12 months);
Temporary residence permit (TRP allows one to reside in the country for the entire period of studies, but has to be replaced annually).
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania
June 1 - for the citizens that need a visa to enter the Republic of Lithuania but there are no acting embassies of the Republic of Lithuania in these countries.
July 1 - for the citizens of the EU countries and the countries that have visa-free entrance to the Republic of Lithuania or the citizens of the countries that need a visa to enter the Republic of Lithuania but there are acting embassies of the Republic of Lithuania in these countries.
November 1 - only for Master students who start studies in February.
The academic year starts in September.
The enrolment might be extended due to a few vacancies left.